Date: Saturday February 10, 2018
Location: Algonquin Theatre, Huntsville.
Admission: Tickets available for $30 – All proceeds go to Community Living Huntsville.
Synopsis: An event to showcase and reward local talent.
ONLY the first 30 entries will be accepted to compete.
1. No age restrictions.
2. Talent needs to be able to be performed live on stage (no outdoor stunts).
3. Entrants must be prepared to perform on Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 7pm.
4. Contestants will need to sign publicity waiver for use of image/video in promotion of this year’s and/or future events. Contestants under the age of majority will require parental/guardian consent to perform, as well as publicity waiver.
5. Those who earn the majority of their living on their talent are ineligible.
6. Previous champions are not eligible to compete (runners up are).
7. With a potential narrowing of the contestants to a final 3 at the competition, contestants should be prepared to perform twice (two different numbers preferred).
8. A family friendly event – G or PG rated performances only.
9. Final night will have no more than four in any one category (singing, dance, comedy, instrumental, other).
10. Live finalist performances at the Algonquin Theatre are to be no longer than 4 minutes in length. There will be no penalty for a shorter performance.
1. The judging panel will select 8 finalists from the audition submissions.
2. 2 additional participants will make it to the finals as determined by an online popularity based voting process.
3. Live judges for the event will be announced shortly.
4. The judges’ decision will be final.
5. Scoring will be based on talent, originality, and performance. Up to 10 points will be awarded in each category.
6. After the preliminary round, scores will be tabulated, and the top three will perform again in the finals. 50% of the contestant’s preliminary score will be carried forward into the finals (this means final performance will count for 2/3 of the total score).